Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sample Sewing for Vanilla House

As I get more interested in sewing, I've been sewing more and more of my mom's patterns.  This spring, I was so excited about the patterns I wanted to sew many of them, so I signed up to make samples.  Making samples was fun because there was a purpose, a deadline, and best of all - I got to sew on the latest fabrics!


First, I love how easy and fast this gathered-layered bag goes together.  I've made several and more to come (I want one for myself).  PS.  I got my buttons in the upholstery section of Hobby Lobby.  PS2.  The fabric on the right looked ugly before it was made into a bag but the bag was the cutest!



Second, I made the snail and mushroom.  SOOO cool but I was in a hurry and forgot to take a picture before I mailed them off.  I plan to make more mushrooms of various sizes and smurf colors :).

I'll show my other Vanilla House samples in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment